Partners in Preservation
Each year, the Oakland Heritage Alliance honors individuals, organizations, projects, and programs whose work demonstrates a commitment to excellence in historic preservation. Our annual PIP celebration will be held in the fall of 2019. Nomination criteria will be available April 1, 2019, with applications due by July 1, 2019.
2018 SUMMER WALKING TOURS
The following is a list of 2018 walking tours. Several of the tours will be repeated in 2019:
details will be posted as soon as they become available.
- F.M. "Borax" Smith Estate
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Terrain and Treasures, Reservoir Hill to San Antonio Park
- Terrace and the Forgotten Trestle
- Tracing Terraces, The Linda Vista Tract
- Sheffield Village
- Tiles and Terra Cotta in Uptown Oakland
- Wholesale Produce Market & Waterfront Warehouse District
- Clawson Part II: Industry on the Marsh
- Temescal’s Broadway Historic Landmarks
- Mid-Century Downtown Oakland
- Weeds in the Urban Landscape
- Visions Toward Tomorrow: African American Museum & Library
- Steinway Terrace—
Find out about our terrific walking tour leaders!
Jack London: Then and Now
Jack London was a celebrated American novelist, journalist, and passionate social activist. Join us for an in-depth look into the people and places that shaped Oakland's original blue-collar superstar.
Presentation by Steve Vigeant
members $10, non-members $15
Date & Time: Thursday, April 18, from 7-9:00 pm
Location: historic American Bag Co. building,
(enter at OK Stereo, Suite 300)
299 Third Street at Harrison, Oakland
location is wheelchair accessible
2019 Spring Lecture Series: